To materialize the imagination or show up the invisible.
An attempt to assemble living energy from crumbs of life, own forebodings, dreams or literature.
All this and much more is the path of the independent Kana Theater, celebrating its 40th anniversary this year.
AKHE and KANA are connected by long-term friendship, joint productions and conversation with the audience in the metaphorical language of visual images.
On December 13 and 14, in the Polish city of Szczecin, the premiere of the performance “SIT DOWN TRAGEDY” will take place, a joint project of the AKHE Engineering Theater and the KANA Theater:
16 facts about the upcoming production:
1. four actors are involved in the performance
2. each actor is ready to play the role of his partner
3. the performance consists of 16 episodes
4. four monologues about death sound in the play
5. however, each episode of the play in one way or another relates to the theme of death
6. the sequence of episodes is determined in an unpredictable way during the performance
7. the genre of each episode is determined directly during the performance
8. the number of actors in an episode is determined during the performance
9. missing actors are replaced by chairs
10. accordingly, episodes consisting only of chairs are possible
11. a specific character goes to the actor directly during the performance
12. earth, water, wind and fire. these four basic elements determine a character’s existence
13. by item for each
14. each character has its own individual: chair, floor lamp and coat
15. four identical screens acquire personality during the performance
16. it is assumed that there will be 16 versions of the play
Directed by & scenography: Maksim Isaev, Pavel Semchenko
Cast: Bibianna Chimiak, Karolina Sabat, Dariusz Mikuła, Piotr Starzyński / guest performers: Maksim Isaev, Pavel Semchenko
Sound: Piotr Motas,
Light: Adam Dzidziszewski
site project: https://zrzutka.pl/5prxs5